Children's Books

Sunday, April 17, 2016

My Latest Book Finds


This week I made a trip to the local book store with my son in order to pick up the latest book by Kate DiCamillo. I kept seeing posts about Raymie Nightingale on Twitter and how fantastic it was. I just needed to get my hands on that book as soon as it came out. When I wasn't able to get it at the local library, I decided that we needed to get to the book store, pronto!

Raymie Nightingale was great, and I especially loved the quote from Louisiana Elefante. I share the same thoughts about the teachers and students at my school.  We're all here, and we're in it together.  Even though our time together is quickly drawing to a close, we can make the most of the 24 days we have left.

Of course I got the book, but I also got a taste of some new books to recommend to some of my 4th grade boys. My son kept finding follow up books to other books he's read before.  So in the end, I came home with one new book, and he had three.
Getworse
The first book he chose was The Terrible Two Get Worse by Jory John and Mac Barnett. I haven't read the first book (yet), but my son told me that he thinks the 4th grade boys will love it.  So I'll do a quick read and then pick out the perfect person to share it with.

He also picked out Spaced Out by Stuart Gibbs. He really loves everything by Stuart Gibbs, and it reminded me of other books by Gibbs that I've read.  I need to find Belly Up in my library and buzz that to a couple reading friends.

All these new books have me excited about all the summer reading in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment