Children's Books

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Barnacle Is Bored

    Look what came in the mail for me today!!! Jonathan Fenske sent me a copy of his new book, Barnacle Is Bored, and some other Barnacle goodies. Barnacle Is Bored launches in hardcover on May 10th. It's a super book, and it's lots of fun.
     I can't wait to share it with my kindergarten students. They will giggle at the funny story line and enjoy the illustrations. We'll also talk about speech bubbles. Barnacle uses speech bubbles, and so do my kindergarten students (every chance they get).
     I'll also share it with students in other grades where we can talk about using font changes to show word stress.  We can also find examples of alliteration. We will also notice how authors can use word choice wisely.
     Most of all we can talk about what it really means when you say you're bored.  This is a great book for parents, maybe 3 weeks into summer vacation, when kids start saying they're bored. Take a look at Jonathan Fenske's Barnacle Is Bored.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I hear the summer vacation "I am BORED" complaints from my kids as well! Thank you so much for featuring BARNACLE on your blog. I hope your students enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete