Children's Books

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

#IMMOOC Chapter 1


I would not have thought of myself as an innovator. Before reading from The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros, I thought innovation always included large scale change and technology. Couros defines innovation as, "a way of thinking that creates something new and better."

Couros also states that innovation begins with a question. After reading chapter 1, I am asking the following questions in my classroom.
  • What is best for this learner? This is a question we need to ask over and over as we make the endless decisions each day. Each learner is different. My decisions should meet the needs of each learner. What does this learner need? How can I best support this learner?
  • How does what my student is learning impact his/her future? It's so easy to get caught up in the here and now. I need to stop asking, "Is  my student progressing up to the next reading level?" How are the readers in my classroom going to use reading in their futures.
How do other educators use questions like these while developing the innovator's mindset?

No comments:

Post a Comment