Children's Books

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Something to Tweet About

     This past November I was encouraged by a fellow educator, @kara_welty, to start using Twitter.  I added the app to my phone and got started.  Kara gave me some suggestions, and encouraged me not to deactivate my account when I was frustrated by all the emails.  (She helped me straighten out my settings.)
     I've been tweeting occasionally and stalking a lot of educational chats. Twitter gave me the opportunity to follow some of the fellow educators I admire. It has really helped me broaden my PLN, and it has supported much of what I hold dear.
     This past Sunday I found something cool on Twitter and thought, "I wish I could share this with more of the fellow teachers in my building." So I asked my principal if I could offer some 30 minute work sessions before school regarding Twitter and Blogger.  My principal was supportive and gave me the green light. Wednesday morning came, and my principal along with three fellow teachers came to get their Twitter accounts set up.
      I'm so proud of my brave colleagues who went out of their comfort zones and tried something new. There are so many great things happening in our school and lives. We should be proud and ready to share. So if you have something tweet about you can catch me at @MsLaurenMertz.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are sharing this with your colleagues and that a few of them jumped on board! I bet more will follow as you guys continue to share things with one another and talk about it in person as well! It took me almost a year to be convinced to go on Twitter. I just joined a few weeks ago and it has been such an awesome experience so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marla. You are my very first comment! I feel like a real blogger now. I love sharing my learning with other teachers.

    ReplyDelete