Children's Books

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"Solo" Launch Team- Post 1

A few days ago I found out I was chosen to be on the launch team for Kwame Alexander & Mary Rand Hess's new book, Solo. The email gave us access to the first 18 pages, and I couldn't wait to get started.

I have enjoyed Kwame Alexander's previous books, The Crossover and Booked, so much. Kwame's word choices paint such clear pictures for me.

The first eighteen pages of Solo did not disappoint. I met Blade, the teenage son of a famous musician with a wild past and an uncertain future. I can't wait to meet more characters along the journey. 

My ARC book was delivered by the UPS man today! I'm going to try and blog about my reactions to the book without giving away any spoilers.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment