Children's Books

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Proud as a Peacock

I had the privilege to share the Blogger platform with teachers from the St. Charles School District today. It was so amazing to share a little bit about my blogging journey, explain the Blogger platform a little bit, and watch as the teachers started working.

I was challenged in a keynote from George Couros to stop spoon-feeding teachers (and students). He suggested to let students do the exploring and the learning.  So I tried it. I gave the workshop participants a little bit of instruction, and then I let them explore. I let them struggle through the exploration and learning. I was a little shocked by what happened...everyone worked. Everyone explored. Everyone tried. Teachers helped each other. The room had an eerie quiet and a buzz of creative energy. The tap, tap, tapping of computer keys was music to my ears.

I'm proud to introduce you to the first of several blogs that came out of our session. They all have different stories to tell. Take a peak at the Aaron's blog...

  • Stcharlessoftball.blogspot.com is a blog created by Aaron Wright. Aaron's goal of the blog is to "retroactively post about event over the past two seasons to document our paradigm shift in program culture." Once he is caught up to the present, he wants to give game recaps and current events. Girls that graduate and leave the program will still have a presence through the living memory of the program's blog. What a wonderful gift he is giving through his blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment