Children's Books

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Lincoln Staff Book Club "The War That Saved My Life"

Lincoln Staff members are reading for book club once again. I was so happy to introduce my colleagues to one of my favorite books this year, The War That Saved My Life by Kim Brubaker Bradley. We met yesterday during lunch to discuss our thoughts and reactions to the first half of the story. Here are a couple comments:

  • "The first part of the book made it hard to put down. I had a range of emotions from sad, to joyful, to anxious for what is to come."
  • This is my favorite book we've read so far this year. 
  • "I can't wait.  I want to keep reading but I have to stop at 160. Not fair, not fair!!!!!"
  • "Looking forward to reading more and discussing...I almost cried in just the first few chapters! "
  • I'm making connections between Ada and several of our students who have experienced trauma in their lives. They are learning how to have trusting relationships with people.
  • I've never thought about World War II from the viewpoint of people living in England. 
  • I can't wait for the sequel to come out. Why do we have to wait until the fall?
Thank you, Kim Brubaker Bradley, for sharing this wonderful story with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment